Our Ethos & Vision
Living our Values
At Christopher Reeves VA Primary School we provide an education of the highest quality which reflects Christian values and beliefs, where all children can enjoy and achieve, and develop as confident, caring citizens of the future.
Ethos of the School
Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level. The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils. The first few years spent at school are among the most formative of a child’s life. At Christopher Reeves we try to ensure that children get the best possible start to their school career in a friendly, family environment. Children get a sense of belonging while being able to express their own individuality.
The Aim of the School
Our overall aim is to provide a happy, secure, stimulating environment in which every child can achieve their academic success and develop the necessary personal skills they need for their future. We believe that this will be achieved with the close involvement of pupils, parents, staff, governors and the local and wider community.
To provide children with:
- an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian values and beliefs
- a learning environment where they can achieve their full academic potential
- the skills they need to achieve physical and emotional wellbeing
- the skills they need to build good relationships and become caring citizens who are able to live and work with others
- opportunities to make a positive contribution to each other, the school, and the wider community
We will achieve our objectives by:
- Creating and sustaining a caring Values-based ethos where positive behaviour and attitudes are rewarded and celebrated
- Developing and sustaining a staff team who feel valued and are committed to high expectations and the raising of standards
- Providing an inclusive environment which enables all children to access the curriculum
- Ensuring that the correct support and challenge is in place for all children to be able to gain the necessary academic and personal skills they will need for the future
- Providing a stimulating environment where children feel safe and are able to make choices, take risks and develop independence
- Encouraging and celebrating difference in our local, national and global community through links with a range of partners
- Familiarising children with an understanding of the nature of Christian worship and that of other faiths